Unfair Trade Practices - hmlsearch_dir_bctitle

Filing a Complaint Against a Business

Filing a formal complaint with a business, state agency or federal agency is an option if you have been unable to resolve the matter through previous communications. This article lists these three categories and explains the options.

Frequently Asked Questions - Consumer Information Regarding the Real Estate Commission

The Maine Office of Professional and Occupational Regulation answers questions about verifying a real estate agent's license, filing complaints, and standard representation agreements.

Information for Older Consumers

The National Consumer Law Center addresses many common consumer issues including: debt collection harassment, foreclosure, bankruptcy, credit issues, and more.

The Maine Unfair Trade Practices Act

The Maine Attorney General explains what it is and what you can do about it.